Tuesday, September 10, 2013

COLORSTROLOGY: Pantone color "horoscopes"

(Sorry, I'm a little bit behind on Week 3 posts. I got hit with a stomach bug this weekend.)

I was intrigued by the idea of a "color horoscope" based brochure shown in the text (p.38). It's an interesting idea to associate personality traits, etc., with certain colors. Obviously, this would be a culturally-defined idea, as different colors have different associations depending on the cultural context, so the meanings wouldn't be absolute. Still, intriguing.

As it turns out, there are a few ideas about color and correlations to zodiac signs. There's also something called COLORSTROLOGY by Michele Bernhardt (created, of course, with a partnership with Pantone) which assigns colors and traits based on a person's birthdate. I'm having trouble getting the page to load (flash error on my PC laptop) but here is the link anyway.

Here's the Amazon book page if you'd like to order the book. You can preview the book courtesy of Google here. A good article explaining the concept is worth a read.

Pantone also has a Dashboard Widget for COLORSTROLOGY, but it looks like it only works for the Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment